Ready? Set? Go.

August 23, 2010

What a week.  I had to collect my thoughts.  It was the week before classes start and there was so much to do.


I went into work at my normal time, 9am, but there was not a lot to do, so I went home until our meeting at noon.  After I got off work at 5:30pm, I headed to Henry’s for yoga night.  We decided to try P90X Yoga this week.  Talk about INTENSE!  I made it a little over half way through before I had to stop.  My arms were becoming shaky and weak and my legs were cramping up.  I think we “jumped the gun” this time.  Next time I need to prepare myself for something like that.  I will try it again, but only when I’m ready and after I’ve prepared myself a little better.  🙂  When I got home I was quite hungry and wanted carbs!  I cooked myself up some wheat pasta and mixed in a little pesto sauce.  I still had a little leftover garlic herb bread that I enjoyed with my pasta.

While I was cooking my pasta, I decided to make a fruit salad with all the fresh fruit I bought the past weekend.  I cut up 3 kiwi, 1 mango, 1 apple, and 1/4 of a seedless watermelon.  I sliced up half of a banana and put it on my bowl.  I thought about adding banana to my mixture, but I thought it would get brown and mushy.

I was so exhausted after eating that I headed to bed.


I had a regular day at the office on Tuesday, 9am-5pm.  I don’t quite recall what I ate for dinner that evening, but most likely nothing very healthy.  :/  When a stressful and busy week comes along, it is hard for me to stick to “healthy.”  So if you have any suggestions on how to stay healthy when “the going gets t0ugh,” let me know.

I called it another early night as I knew it was going to be a busy week.


I actually made it up early on Wednesday to make it to the gym.  Of course I was going into work late on that day, so I could slowly drag myself out of bed.  😛  And you know why I made it out of bed on Wednesday?  😉  SMOOTHIE WEDNESDAY!  After the gym I went to Smoothie King and got myself a Peanut Power smoothie with Fiber blend.

I then worked half a day, before coming home to cook.  When I came home, I tried cooking one of Amber’s recipes.  It was her “Tidy Joes” – Vegan Sloppy Joes (  I ate most of my tidy joe on a whole grain bun, but then realized that is wasn’t my cup of tea.

My parents were headed to Johnny’s Tavern for a slice of pizza, so I decided to join them.  (Everyone knows I cannot resist pizza.)  As the pizza was so tasty that it was gone before I had a chance to take a picture of it, it still tasted good for me.  It was light on the sauce and the cheese and the bread wasn’t too thick.

I sat in front of the TV while preparing for my first ACDA officer meeting the next day before hitting the hay.


On Thursday I made it to the gym, but a little later than usual because I was not working on Thursday or Friday.  There was just too much to do.  I finished off my Special K cereals that morning and tried to prepare myself for the rest of the day.  I met my officers at Planet Sub (and the Royals won the night before – $2 Turkey subs!) and our meeting went really well!  Meeting with them felt like a weight was lifted off of my shoulders.  They are all very interested in taking on their own parts and helping me to get everything in order.  I no longer feel like I have to do everything myself, and I think they only reason I felt that way was because I was trying to think of EVERYTHING that had to be done to make sure everything was distributed.

After Planet Sub, I was able to pick up my parking pass and head home to go get frozen yogurt with my mom.  We went to a place called Peachwave, closer to where I live than Yoberry.  It looked a little the same inside; same sort of chairs and designs but different colors.  The choices of flavors were different, however.  I had said that the next time I got frozen yogurt I would get Mango with fruit toppings.  But they had PEANUT BUTTER FROZEN YOGURT!  I tried to resist, but I just couldn’t!  Who can resist peanut butter?!  So I had peanut butter frozen yogurt with raspberries, strawberries, pineapple, almonds, and a cherry.  I partially held my word!  😉

It really hit the spot on such a hot and humid day.  Although this place had PEANUT BUTTER FROZEN YOGURT, I still think I would go back to Yoberry before I would go back to Peachwave.

That evening, my father was craving spaghetti and my mother was craving corn on the cob.  So what was for dinner?  Spaghetti with a side of corn on the cob!

Haha, the strangest combination I’ve ever heard of.  My father actually ate his spaghetti with meat sauce and side of corn on the cob and my mother ended up just eating corn on the cob.  I, on the other hand, had wheat pasta with meat sauce (haven’t had meat sauce in SO long – mainly due to fact that Tyler doesn’t eat much red sauce) and a side of french bread with Earth Balance.

I don’t eat pasta very often because I tend to overeat when I eat pasta and I ABSOLUTELY love it.  Later in the evening I made popcorn and for some reason there were a lot of kernels in the bottom.  I love to eat popcorn kernels!  I ended up chipping a tooth (which I was not happy about) and it felt like a HUGE piece!  This felt like a bad time for this to happen because I was going to be soo busy with school staring and everything.


Because I had to be at school all day on Friday, I decided to skip out on the gym and sleep in a little (which didn’t turn out to be much).  I was a little nervous on Monday because I had to be at school for the first time as President of ACDA.  We were holding choir auditions on Friday from 10:30am to 3pm, Saturday from 10am to 5pm and Monday from 1pm to 2pm.  I was to find 4-6 volunteers for the whole time each day and was not as successful as one would hope, so I, myself, had to be there for the whole time.  I was a little disappointed, but once I got started with things, I was glad to be there for the whole thing.  I got to meet all the new students and see returning ones.

I brought myself some yogurt that day, as I did not think we would be getting a break (later finding out there was an hour break).  I was glad that I stayed the whole time because there were wandering students who needed questions answered.  When all the auditions were finished that day, my friend Brittany and I made a trip to Panera (or as she likes to call it, Bread Co. – which is what they call it in western Missouri).  I had a difficult time deciding between a bowl of baked potato soup (which I have not had in quite a long time) and the strawberry poppyseed and chicken salad.  Since it had been a long week and my weekend before school starts was not going to be much of a weekend, I decided to go with the baked potato soup.  It was nice to sit and chat with Brittany for a while since we had not seen each other very much over the summer.

Since it was Friday, Happy Hour was in order, but I planned to not have any alcohol that evening since I would have to audition the next day for choir.  Since it was a long day, I decided one glass of wine wouldn’t hurt.  😉  Since Tyler was working late, Henry and I decided to go to a wine bar.  The wine bar I wanted to go to was packed like I couldn’t believe, so where did we go…?  That’s right.  We ended up at Old Chicago.  🙂  Our Happy Hour hangout.  I got my glass of merlot and Henry got his Boulevard.  After chatting over drinks, we went back to Tyler and Henry’s to watch the travel channel and the food channel.  LOVE.  I called it an early night before even getting to see Tyler.   😦


…and yet another day I did not make it to the gym.  I had to be at school by 9:30am, so I had to leave by 8:45am.  The gym opens at 7am on Saturdays, so there was no time.  I had prepared myself for a long day with a cup of tea with lemon and headed out the door.

I had my audition that morning and it went alright, but not perfect.  Auditions are never perfect.  🙂  And when lunch time came around, I really wanted that strawberry poppyseed and chicken salad, even though I had brought a yogurt.

I was ready for more than one glass of wine by the time I got home that evening.  I bought 3 bottles of red wine that I had never tried before and headed to Tyler’s.  I opened the Castle Rock Sirah and it was rather tasty.  It had a smokey smell, but was light, with a kick after-taste.  I’m still working on describing the flavors of wine, so I will try to get better!

I had one glass before Tyler, Henry and I decided to head to Patty O’Quigly’s for dinner.  I, again, loaded myself with grease (which I paid for later) and decided to have another glass of wine when we got back to the house.  I got halfway through that glass before 9:30pm rolled around and I was dead tired and headed to bed.


Sunday was my day to get ready for classes.  But what did I do?  I am best at procrastinating.  I was still so exhausted from the week, even though I slept in.  I accomplished next to nothing.  I watched part of The Temptations with my parents, then my recorded shows of Eureka.  My sister came over and went swimming with my sister while I waited for Tyler to come over and watch Bones (my ABSOLUTE favorite show!).  I was getting ready to go sit by the pool with them when my sister was knocking on the front door.  It turned out there was a house on fire in our neighborhood!  My sister, father, and I decided to walk down to see it.  I was barefoot, but thought that I wouldn’t be going very far, so that wouldn’t be a problem.  There was so much smoke!  I’ve never seen anything on fire like that before.  After getting back to the house and dipping my feet in the pool I realized I had big blisters on booth of my feet.  Ow!

We all went to dinner at a restaurant called Bogey’s Bar and Grill and had terrible service since there was only one waitress working, but I felt bad for her, so we didn’t give her a hard time.  She was trying her hardest to keep everyone happy.

After dinner, the night and weekend ended perfectly with Tyler and I watching Bones.  🙂


2 Responses to “Ready? Set? Go.”

  1. Amber Shea @Almost Vegan said

    I’ve been way busy too, so sorry if I’ve been distant =/ Peach Wave didn’t have PB yogurt when I went there, aah!

    • I understand what being busy is all about. The PB yogurt was awesome. You should check it out again. I’m guessing all these self serve frozen yogurt places are getting new flavors almost every day. And I’m finding them EVERYWHERE! When did frozen yogurt become the “in” thing? Although, I’m not complaining. 🙂

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: